Updated: 29 May 2019
Published: 26 April 2018
You should view this page each time you visit this site.
I reserve the right to change these Legal Notices at any time without notice, and by using this Website and its Content, you are agreeing to the Legal Notices as they appear, whether or not you have read them.
If you do not agree with these Legal Notices, please discontinue use of this Website.
This Website and its Content is owned by Anna Anderson (“Company”, “Abrazo and Coze”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). The term “you” and “your” refers to any users, visitors, or viewers of this Website or related social media channels.
Abrazo and Coze is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 18 years of age or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside.
We/us/our and similar pronouns (either capitalized or not) – Abrazo and Coze.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you with information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited within a time period. Your personal data will not be stored for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed;
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered;
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records;
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data;
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing;
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you;
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another;
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us;
- Right to the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages; and
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your email address, name, etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your visitor experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information is provided when you comment, subscribe, or submit a form.
Visitors can normally use our website without entering personal data. In some cases, if you decide to provide us with personal information, or other information through email or contact form, Abrazo and Coze will store and use your information only for the intended purpose of the communication. This data is deleted when it is no longer required for the intended purpose.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address, geographic location, device and browser, etc. This information is used to improve your visitor experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
For technical reasons, Abrazo and Coze receives data about visitors, which the visitor’s internet browser transmits to Abrazo and Coze or its webspace provider (server log files). This data is the following:
- type and version of the browser the visitor uses;
- the operating system the visitor uses;
- the website that linked the visitor to the Abrazo and Coze website (referrer URL);
- date and time of the visit;
- the quantity of data transmitted; and
- IP address.
This data is stored separately from any personal information the visitor may have provided, which means that it is impossible to connect this data to any particular person. All of the data is anonymous, hence user profiles cannot be created with the personal data.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
We may use accounts on social media platforms to provide the public with education, entertainment, or information.
Abrazo and Coze social media accounts are publicly accessible. Your posts, comments, replies to and mentions of Abrazo and Coze may be publicly visible, depending on your privacy settings.
Your privacy and the retention of information on social media accounts are governed by the privacy policies of the parties that operate these social networks.
Some social media platforms may allow you to control the information you make available to Us and others. Users should review privacy policies and terms and conditions of the parties that operate these platforms prior to participating.
We do not have any control over such platforms, and therefore we have no responsibility or liability for the manner in which their operators collect, use, disclose, secure and otherwise treat your personal information.
We may collect and measure information available to us about social media activity in order to provide content that is relevant and potentially interesting to users of these social media platforms.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes, for example, registering your account, providing you with other products and services that you have requested, providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services, communicating and interacting with you, and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your visitor experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- provide visitor support;
- gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
- monitor the usage of our Service;
- detect, prevent and address technical issues; and
- provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data in order to:
- identify you;
- provide you with a service or to send/offer you a product;
- communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data in order to:
- send you personalized offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- conduct questionnaires concerning visitor satisfaction.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar to or the same as your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes for which we have asked your consent.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. Your Personal Data might be anonymised, gathered, and used by us as required. Data outside the scope of this Policy will be used only when it is anonymised.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but that are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguards for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to trusted third party companies and individuals (Service Providers) in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your visitor experience.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for instance, on message boards and forums, comments, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides Abrazo and Coze. We are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
We utilize the following third-party Service Providers to perform certain functions on our behalf and must share certain information (including Personal Data) with them in order for them to do so. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. The information that is shared is limited to that which is necessary to perform their specific functions.
GDPR Compliance by Supsystic
You can opt-out of having your activity on the website made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
We have embedded Vimeo videos on our website. These videos are stored on https://vimeo.com/ and are directly playable from our website. The video platform is operated by Vimeo, Inc.
If you have a Vimeo account and do not want Vimeo to collect information about you through this website and associate that information with your member data on Vimeo, you must log out before visiting this website.
We have embedded YouTube videos in our website in advanced data protection mode. These videos are stored on https://www.youtube.com/ and are directly playable from our website. The video platform is operated by YouTube, LLC, a company of Google Inc.
No cookies are placed on your computer and no data about you as a user of our website are transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. If you play the embedded videos, YouTube places cookies on your computer and receives the information that you have visited the corresponding subpage of our website. This data is directly associated with your user account if you are logged in on YouTube. If you do not wish such an assignment to your user account on YouTube, you must log out before playing the videos.
If requested or required by law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We also may disclose your Personal Data to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Other third parties
We may reserve and have the right to disclose any information about you or your use of our Service without your prior permission, if we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company or its affiliates, other Users of the Service or the public.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. Your Personal Data is disclosed to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. If you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it we might disclose your Personal Data to third parties.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. Safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS) are used, and anonymising and pseudonymising are used where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Server and website software and plugins are kept up to date and server level firewalls are in place.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
You are encouraged to learn about protecting your own computers to ensure that your online activities remain private.
One place to start for tips on home network security is a question and answer sheet produced by the Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute – CERT Coordination Centre.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
We transfer data, including Personal Data, in whole or in part, to Canada, the United States of America, and the European Union and process it in those jurisdictions.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these are required so you are able to use important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Google Adwords Remarketing
We use Google Analytics’ 3rd-party audience demographic data to better understand the behaviour of our visitors. As well, we work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising tailored to your interests. For example, you may see certain ads on this website or other websites because we contract with Google and other similar companies to target our ads based on information we or they have collected. That includes information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies and web beacons). These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and edit or opt-out of your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. Those opt-out and preference control pages are specific to the individual browser used to visit it. Because that page is not operated by Abrazo and Coze, we are unable to perform the opt-outs on your behalf.
Data Protection Officer
Phone: Toll-free: 1-800-282-1376 or Phone: (819) 994-5444 or TTY: (819) 994-6591
Accessing and Deleting your Personal Data
To access your Personal Data or request erasure of your Personal Data, visit our Privacy Tools page.
Last modification was made 29 May 2019.